Conformal coating using selective spraying technology
We operate a sophisticated and automated process to selectively coat PCB assemblies. Utilising our leading edge PVA coating system, we can selectively coat PCB assemblies with a wide variety of conformal coating products.
Robotic spraying allows fine amounts of coating to be selectively dispensed onto PCB's with high accuracy. Multi axis control allows the coating to sprayed on, around and underneath complex components. The distinct advantage of this technique means there is no longer a need to mask the keep out areas of the PCB. Selectively spraying allows a price point typically 20% to 30% lower than traditional coating methods.
We clean our products to exceed the guidelines of IPC CH-65 A and J-STD 001-D, also known as MIL SPEC. We use Zero Ion contamination testing to ensure the level of cleanliness prior to coating.
- Robotic and selective spraying system.
- No Masking required.
- Fine line definition.
- Spraying for accurate viscosity of coating.
- Spraying for accurate thickness of coating.
- 100% repeatable process.
- Pneumatic tilt axis for spraying underneath components.
- Full cleaning process to meet J-STD 001-D (MIL SPEC)
- Full cleaning process to meet IPC CH-65 A.
- Ultrasonic & vapour solvent cleaning.
- Ionic testing facility, with Zero Ion.
Gemini can provide its customers with fully coated PCB assemblies as part of its turnkey operation. This fully automated and selective process can be provided at cost effective rates.
Should you be considering the use of conformal coating, contact us to discuss our capability in contract manufacturing for PCB assemblies.
Tel +44 (0) 1252 333 444